All Saints Church



The Revd. Lynn Trainor.

The Vicarage,

The Green,
Langton Green,

Kent TN3 0JB
Tel:  01892 862072             Email:


An introduction from Revd Trainor can be found under the Latest News tab above.





At All Saints on Sunday morning we gather for The Lord's own Service, for the Lord's own people on the Lord's own day. It is celebrated here as the Parish Communion every Sunday at 10am (Common Worship) and at 8am there is a said celebration of Holy Communion in traditional language. Holy Communion is also celebrated on Wednesdays at 10.00 am in the side chapel. A Family Service is held instead of Parish Communion at Harvest, Remembrance, Mothering Sunday and on one Sunday in each month during school term time. 






Ann Greenfield

Charles Lawrence

01892 549105

01892 545543


Valerie Stirling

The Parish Office is situated in the church.  Tel: 01892 861889


Mark Gamble

01892 862194


Roberta Holmes






To read the latest Church newsletter, please click on the News button lower down





A Short History of All Saints, Langton Green (adapted from 'All Saints Church, Langton Green - A Short History and Guide'  Peter Batts 1994.)

We are extremely fortunate to have a beautiful and cherished church building in an excellent state of repair and built (by Chambers of Penshurst) in 1863 in a version of the Early English Style, considered at the time of the Gothic Revival to be the only truly Christian style. It was designed by Sir Giles Gilbert-Scott, the celebrated Victorian architect.

In the early 1860s a fairly large corner of the Green was given by Mr Charles Powell of Speldhurst and a public appeal was launched to build a 'Chapel of Ease at Lankton' (only later to become Langton Green).

In the church are windows by Morris and Co (all very early), Clayton and Bell, Powells, C E Kempe and Gerald Moira. Our picture here shows a predella in a chancel window by Powells showing the Angel of the Crucifixion. The most obvious Pre-Raphaelite Morris window depicts Mary Magdalene (not illustrated) by William Morris himself, 1862.





Print Print | Sitemap
© LGVS 2018