Langton Green is a village of over 1,300 households and is one of the four villages which make up Speldhurst Parish. Its Church (All Saints) sits close to the Green and the Village Hall is now a new modern building located next to the recreation ground. The rural area around Langton Green is a fine example of Kent/Sussex landscape at its very best and is well served by a comprehensive network of footpaths ideal for pleasant countryside walking (see below for further info on walks).
The Speldhurst Parish Council area incorporates the villages of Ashurst, Old Groombridge, Langton Green and Speldhurst and has been in existence since 1894 when, following the Local Government Act of that year, it became one of the Parishes of the Tonbridge Rural District. Following the Local Government Act of 1972 the Parish Council was brought under the revised Tunbridge Wells Borough Council area.
Full details of Parish Councillors, Dates of Forthcoming Meetings, and the Minutes of Past Meetings can be found on the Parish Council Website - www.speldhurstparishcouncil.gov.uk
The offices of Speldhurst Parish Council are situated in the new Village Hall in Langton Green.